Friday, July 24, 2009

Harrisburg Midtown Arts Center Happy Hour

Feeling the need to wind down after a long day of work, I asked my dear friend Josh if he'd like to get a drink somewhere. He suggested the newly opened Harrisburg Midtown Arts Center. I had never heard of the locale so I wandered down to 3rd and Herr Streets and found a lovely surprise - an eclectically decorated space with high ceilings, a beautiful bar, a huge stage, and several charming mismatched tables and chairs. We arrived for the 5-7 happy hour where we enjoyed a few beer specials. Last evening there were no special entertainments but the day before there was an open mic night and tonight ($5 cover) and tomorrow (no cover) there are bands on stage (see site for band bios). The atmosphere gave off a great, artsy vibe which reminded me of the arts scene back in Roanoke.

Soon, Mangia Qui will be opening a restaurant in the center and bar food will be available from that menu. Right now, if you need a snack with your drink, you're stuck with a hot dog. There are 4 beers on tap (bottles soon to be added), 3 different wines, and a fully stocked bar for mixed drinks.

With other expansions in the works, including a pool and spa, I'm excited to see how the Center evolves. Can't wait to go back for another HH!

The Center is opened 7 days a week: Mon-Fri 4pm-2am; Sat 11am-2am; Sun 2pm-2am.

Their Facebook page is also full of info on events to come.

My beer with the fun statue in the background that I was so enamored with!
The tables behind the bar and in front of the stage. I didn't get a good shot of the stage, but trust me, it's great, and features a neat, old upright piano.

The photo Josh tweeted while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment