Monday, November 9, 2009

Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni

Last Thursday Bec and I decided to get together after work and cook dinner together. Wednesday we had planned to make chicken chasseur, with Bec picking up the ingredients after work and me bringing dessert. We would cook at her house. But as you all know, a day can change things and it turned out our mommas made most of the dinner for us! Bec's mom started a delicious Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni (and Bec finished it) and she baked wonderful wheat and white rolls. Bec made a salad with nuts, feta and apples, which was delightful. And my mom made us three different desserts - banana cake, carrot cake and a crescent roll cream cheese squares.
Thank you to our mommas!


Here is a Sior Family Favorite -
Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni

4 cups (8 oz pkg) rigatoni, cooked according to package instructions
1 lb. bulk Italian sausage
1 medium red onion, sliced
1/4 cup tomato paste
1/4 cup Kraft Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
Fresh parsley, chopped
Parmesan cheese, grated

Brown sausage in a large skillet. Drain and return meat to skillet. Add onion and tomato paste. Cook on medium-high heat for 15 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package instructions.

Add dressing to meat mixture then toss with pasta. Top with parsley and cheese.

Bec putting the final touch on the pasta.

Pasta, salad and bread. Carbs are the best!

My mom's dessert tray. Recipes to follow!

1 comment:

  1. We did make out pretty well that night, huh? :)

    I'd really like to do this more often. I'll have my people (my momma!) get in touch with your people (your momma!)

    You forgot to mention the BEAUTIFUL flowers you brought me... you can kinda almost see them in the picture of me where it looks like I have stain on my dress!

    ReplyDelete