Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Chicken Piccata

For my birthday last month my Aunt Donna got me a subscription to Cuisine at home - a great magazine of recipes with no advertisements! The recipes all look great and seem easy to make. I already made sweet and spicy salmon filets from the magazine for Adam's birthday and last night I made chicken piccata. It was so simple and delicious. I love lemon and garlic flavors, especially with chicken.
[
For the recipe you can pound out chicken breasts into cutlets but I just buy the cutlets from the meat department at the grocery store - so much easier!
[
Chicken Piccata
From Cuisine at home
4 chicken breast cutlets (you can buy the cutlets or cut a breast in half and pound it thin)
salt and pepper
all-purpose flour
nonstick spray
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup dry white wine (I didn't have any so I used chicken broth)
1 teaspoon minced garlic (I used 2 cloves)
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 Tablespoon capers, drained
2 Tablespoons butter
Fresh lemon slices
Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
Coat a saute pan with nonstick spray, add oil, and heat over medium-heat.
Saute cutlets 3 minutes on one side. Flip cutlets over and saute the other side, covered, 2 minutes. Transfer cutlets to a warmed platter; pour off fat from pan.

Deglaze pan with wine and add minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly brown and liquid is nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Add broth, lemon juice and capers. Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side for 1 minute. Transfer cutlets back to plate.
Finish sauce with butter and lemons. Once butter melts, pour sauce over cutlets.
;

I had a lot of trouble slicing the lemons. Need a new sharp knife badly!

No comments:

Post a Comment