Sunday, January 2, 2011

Caramel Fruit Dip


I made the best fruit dip for a New Years party we went to on Friday. And it's soo easy to whip together! On mini skewers, I put a piece of pineapple, a strawberry and, on some, a piece of mango. I figured the skewers would make the fruit pieces easier to eat at a party.

The recipe:

1 8 oz. block Neufchatel cheese - the low fat version of cream cheese - or you can use cream cheese - room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

With a mixer, beat until smooth. The mixture will be grainy at first but keep beating until it's smooth.

I found this recipe on Our Best Bites. They additionally add toffee chips right before serving, so that is an option too. I bought the toffee chips but just didn't add them because I thought it was good as is. Plus now I can make some toffee chip cookies later!

No comments:

Post a Comment