Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Roasted Chickpeas with Shrimp

In our quest to get sexy wedding day bodies, Adam and I have been looking for healthy dinner recipes. When I was on the South Beach Diet, I found a blog called Kayln's Kitchen and she features tons of great SBD recipes. So I was looking at her site and she recommended a recipe from Whistlestop Cafe Cooking. Chickpeas (I love) and shrimp (Adam loves). I thought it sounded like a hit!


I made it tonight and it was quite tasty! The chickpeas get a nice roasted taste and get a bit crunchy. Shrimp keeps the meal light.


Here is the recipe, adapted from Whistlestop:



1 pound shrimp, peeled
1 can 14.5 oz. chickpeas
2 green onions, chopped - I didn't use cause Adam doesn't care for them
2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon dried parsley

salt and pepper



Preheat oven to 400°. Cover a baking sheet with foil.


Rinse the chickpeas and place in a bowl with onions (if using), parsley, lemon juice and oil. Toss in paprika, generously salt and pepper to taste. Allow to sit until ready to roast. Peel and clean shrimp.


Pour the chickpeas onto prepared baking sheet. Place in a hot oven and roast for 10-15 minutes, stirring halfway through. Move chickpeas to end of pan but still in a single layer and place shrimp directly on pan. Roast chickpeas and shrimp for another 5 minutes until the shrimp are pink and curled.

No comments:

Post a Comment