Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Salmon Stew for Two

Today I am posting a recipe from a blog that I just love! The styling of the blog puts me at complete ease and relaxation. I love the bright photos. They just make me happy. So happy. And the name is French - Cannelle & Vanille (cinnamon & vanilla). Everything sounds better in French. Just the other day at work I was on the phone and said vehicle placard and accidently pronounced "placard" as you would in French. Just sounds better and was easier to say. Oh well.

Anyway, I made a lovely salmon stew. It was scrumptous. At least I thought so. Adam did not. He loved the salmon and that was about it. We have learned he is not a fan of coconut milk and parsnips - at least not in a stew with salmon. But I was selfish and made this stew because I love every ingredient it calls for.

Here is the recipe from Canelle & Vanille - I did exactly as the recipe says except I used celery instead of fennel because I could not find any but I think it would have made it even more delicious when it's included! And added more veg stock (I changed it below to reflect what I did).


Salmon, Fennel, Parsnip and Coconut Stew

Makes enough for 2 people

2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 leek, washed and sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 fennel bulb or a stalk of celery, diced
2 parsnips, scrubbed and diced
2 cup vegetable stock
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
8 oz salmon, skin removed and cut into chunks
Microgreens as garnish (optional)

In a medium pan, heat the olive oil and cook the leek, garlic and fennel for about 5 minutes until tender. Do not let it get brown. Add the diced parsnips, vegetable broth, coconut milk, salt and pepper.

Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 5-10 minutes until parsnips are tender. Add the salmon, cover and let it simmer for another 3 minutes or so, until it turns light pink. Adjust seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment