Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mache Salad



Mache.

So delicate and delicious. And exotic. My host mom in Paris served this green almost weekly and I fell in love with it. She served it as a simple salad - mache, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. That's it! It was so lovely and I think about it a lot.

I rarely come across mache but of course I stumbled upon it at Wegman's.

We ate it the other night with this dressing:

1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
2-3 pinches kosher salt
5 turns fresh ground pepper
3 pressed garlic cloves, optional

Whisk all ingredients well until combined or put in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously.

You only need a very little bit of this dressing for your mache. Save the rest for another salad.

Adam said it was too acidy but I enjoyed it. Start off with less lemon juice if you wish.




No comments:

Post a Comment