Thursday, December 17, 2009

Alouette Feta and Bacon Stuffed Chicken

A few months ago, the wonderful folks from Alouette cheeses found my blog and offered me some free samples of their products to cook with and review. Well I've finally (I'm a mom now, you know) gotten around to picking up some of the cheese and used it in a recipe last evening. I was reading a magazine (which magazine and what issue - I have no recollection) and found a recipe for feta and bacon chicken but didn't remember the exact directions so I made it up as I went. Here it is for 2 people:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (if thick, pound out a bit)
olive oil
garlic powder
dried oregano
salt and pepper
4 Tablespoons Alouette Feta Garlic and Herb Crumbled
4 strips bacon, cooked (important to cook it before stuffed in the chicken so it's nice and crispy with the tender chicken and creamy cheese)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Place chicken breasts on a foil lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil - about a Tablespoon per breast. Season both sides of chicken with garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.

Place 2 T cheese crumbles on each piece of chicken and top with 2 pieces bacon - you'll have to half the bacon slices. Fold breast over and secure with toothpicks.

Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Delicious feta! And the crumbles were large - I love that! Makes it easier to work with.


Before baking. I used 3 toothpicks for each piece of chicken.


The finished product served with sauteed broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment