Friday, December 4, 2009

Spinach Artichoke Dip

I had intended on making this for Thanksgiving as an appetizer along with the peanut butter sandwich cookies but I wanted to spend as much time as I could with the pup. Then I wanted to make it Saturday for some friends but once again, the cuteness of little Baxter won me over. I finally made it on Sunday for a lunchtime treat. I've been making this for years now. I started making it in college for parties. It was, and is, always a hit!

1 package frozen spinach
1 can artichoke hearts, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayo
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3/4 cup shredded pepper jack cheese


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Spray a 8x8 inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Place spinach in a microwavable bowl and microwave for 5 minutes. Once the spinach cools to the touch, squeeze all excess liquid out and place in a large bowl. To that bowl add the chopped artichoke hearts, sour cream, mayo and Parmesan. Stir until well mixed. Put into baking dish and spread out evening. Then sprinkle with the pepper jack cheese. Bake 20-30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.

Serve with homemade pita chips.

I got this chip recipe from Giada:

Place an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 450 degrees.

Cut pitas (regular or whole wheat) into 6 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges in a single layer on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil, then sprinkle with dried oregano, salt and pepper. Bake for 5 to 8 minutes until crisp and golden.

The dip and chips. A great party treat!

Pix from Adam's iPhone

1 comment: