Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beef Enchiladas

Sunday night I made some wonderful enchiladas for dinner. I was so excited to take pictures of the steps, a la The Pioneer Woman whose recipe I was using but, lo and behold, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product! I was so anxious to get the dish on the table and dig in and at that point, somehow, I completely forget about taking pictures. I was only think about filling my tummy and the hungry tummies waiting.

I cannot tell you how many times this has happened. I will continue to try to remember the photos.

Anyway, as I said, the enchiladas I made are from The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook that Rebecca gave me for my birthday. The same recipe is found here. I followed the receipe exactly as written and this meal was soooooo good!

I used ground buffalo meat which was a special treat (it's what we had). And I was a tad nervous about frying the tortillas but it turned out fine. Just make sure they don't get crispy or you won't be able to roll them. Also, make sure you get the small tortillas. The larger ones work too (that's what I did) but I think it looks better with the smaller ones.

A very charming book. I recommend it as a gift for any and all food lovers.

The beautifully browned meat with onions and green chiles.

The enchilada sauce simmering.

My wonderful cheese shredder did an excellent job here :)


And that's where the pictures stop. But believe me, the finished product looked just like the photos here. Give them a try!

1 comment:

  1. These sound great! I was just at Juan's and he told me about frying the tortillas... I never knew that trick! But it really does help keep the tortillas from cracking when you roll them, huh? I'm glad you are enjoying the book!

    ReplyDelete