Monday, August 2, 2010

Peach Salsa

I just love sweet fruits served with grilled meat. So when I saw a recipe for peach salsa on one of the blogs I follow, I couldn't get it out of my head so I had to make it! We ate it with grilled chicken breasts. It was very tasty!

This recipe is from Simply Recipes.

4 ripe but firm peaches, finely chopped
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded - more if you like a lot of kick - finely chopped
juice of a lemon
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon sugar

You can also add (but I did not):
2-3 tablespoons finely chopped onion or shallot
salt & pepper

Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for 2 hours to let flavors mix.

The original recipe say to put all ingredients in a food processor and pulse a few time - but careful not to liquify - but I didn't think it was necessary.



I used white peaches, which I peeled, so the salsa looks kind of lack lustre. But still sweet and spicy!

h

No comments:

Post a Comment