Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cake for the Dogs

Today is Baxter's birthday. And we had his grandparents over to celebrate. Baxter and Trapper both got tasty bones and very squeaky toys.

We had cake but it was only for the doggies. I was inspired by the Brown Eyed Baker's Dog Birthday Cake. I thought her blog post was just so cute and I have been preparing to make this for months. I think both Baxter and Trapper enjoyed their special treat!



1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 egg

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 inch round cake pan.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon until thoroughly combined. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean.

I used peanut butter for the frosting and some dog food to spell out the B.





The dogs want evenings like this all the time!
5

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that I think the cake looks delicious?! Happy Birthday, Baxter!!

    ReplyDelete