Friday, September 4, 2009

Preview of the Yuengling Tour

Last Saturday Adam and I visited the Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville. There's so much to tell about the oldest brewery in America but I've been very busy this week with work, spending evenings with my great friends and planning an October trip to Mexico for my birthday (whoo hoo!!), I haven't gotten around to writing a full report of our brewery tour. So here are some pictures until I get the post completed!


The entrance to the brewery.
The Yeungling Brewery has been a family owned business since 1829 - a business passed down from male family member to male family member. However, the current 5th generation owner, Dick Yeungling, has 4 daughters, so the 'Yuengling & Sons' will soon have to change!

The bottling room.

Of course after the tour, we got to choose a sample - Adam had the Porter and me the Black & Tan.

After the tour, we went to Maroon's for lunch.
A lot more to come but overall, we had a very nice afternoon in Pottsville, Pennsylvania!

No comments:

Post a Comment