Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Moules et Frites chez Confit

Last evening, Josh and I had the pleasure of dining at Confit French Bistro in Camp Hill. We have been planning this dinner for weeks because Monday night is all you can eat mussels and fries. When I was living in Paris, moules et frites was one of my favorite meals and I haven't had any since so I jumped at the chance to try the fare at Confit. Salad, bread, fries and mussels! What a great way to start off the week!

The salad with oil and vinegar tasted just like the salad my host mom in Paris would make!



Josh picked up a growler of Troeg's Scratch #22 - a Belgian style white ale, which was not only perfect with mussels, it's my favorite type of beer.


As pictured here, I tried the moules francaise - mussels in a white wine, garlic, dijion and saffron sauce.

Josh had the moules bruge - mussels in a belgian beer, herb and garlic sauce.



For our second round of mussels, we both tried the moules espagnol - a white wine sauce with onions and chorizo sausage.



And the fries were to die for!


For dessert, we shared some French press coffee and a slice of fresh and warm peach and mixed berry tart with a scoop of ice cream.


In addition to the regular menu chock full of traditional French dishes, there were several other specials at Confit that night including a variety of fresh fish.

This was the first time I visited the BYOB Confit and the experience was phenomenal! I look forward to going back soon! Also, Confit has a small bakery service so you can buy a loaf of their delicious breads to go.

1 comment:

  1. I love chorizo... and most things espagnol style! But I have to admit that the dessert looks like my first choice! Sounds like a lovely dinner between two friends. I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete