Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Blueberry Cobbler

I have been on a blueberry kick lately and mostly because they were on special at Karns for $1 a pint which is amazing! I am sure the sale is over now so I'm regretting that I didn't fill my cart with them. They were delicious! I made a blueberry cobbler to take to my friend's house on Saturday and was craving even more yesterday so I used a new recipe from The Pioneer Woman (thank you, Rebecca for the cookbook!). I liked it better than the one I made a few days ago. This recipe is more like a gooey cake with a sugary, crispy top.

The recipe is originally for a blackberry cobbler but I just used blueberries instead. And the original recipe called for self rising flour but I changed it because I only had all purpose. But if you have self rising, use it and omit the baking powder and salt.

1 stick butter
1 cup plus 4 tablespoons sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 cups blueberries (1 pint - a little more wouldn't hurt either!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Melt butter in a microwavable dish. In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the milk. Pour in the melted butter and continue to whisk until combined.

Butter a 2 or 3 quart baking dish.

Pour batter into baking dish. Rinse and pat dry the blueberries. Sprinkle the blueberries evenly over top of the batter. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar.

Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle with 2 more tablespoons of sugar (it can be less if you want). Return to oven and bake for 10 more minutes.



Serve with ice cream or whipped cream. I had neither so I ate mine plain.

This is a different take on a cobbler but I really liked the gooey and crispy textures!



4 comments:

  1. That looks tasty! I'm glad the cookbook is coming in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just happened upon your blog. Love all the great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added cinnamon and vanilla to your recipe and it was extra yummy! Even the kids loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this last evening. Wow! It is so good! Kathy and the kids enjoyed it; Jeff came home and polished it off! I am thinking of trying it with peaches.......

    ReplyDelete