Monday, July 12, 2010

Oven Fries

Ok, I totally failed on my photography skills here. This photo may not look super pretty but these oven fries are super tasty!
g
This recipe is from the July 2010 Food & Wine magazine. Plan on making more than you think you'll need because they will be gobbled up quickly!
g
2 large baking potatoes, cut into 4-by-1/2-inch sticks
1/4 cup olive oil
1 large clove garlic, minced (garlic powder can be used as a substitute)
1 teaspoon each fresh rosemary, minced & fresh sage, minced (I used only rosemary)
1/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
salt & pepper
;
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the potato sticks with the olive oil until evenly coated. Spread the potato sticks evenly on a rimmed baking sheet in a single layer and bake in upper third of the oven, turning once or twice with a spatula, until they are golden and crispy, about 30 minutes.
g
Sprinkle the minced garlic and herbs over the fries and toss well. Roast for about 5 minutes longer, until the herbs are fragrant and the garlic is lightly browned. Transfer the fries to a large bowl and toss with the grated Pecorino Romano. Season with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine what a good photo would do to my appetite because this so called "bad" picture is making me hungry. I am definitely going to make these when I'm a wife!

    ReplyDelete