Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Chef Tim's Sweet Balsamic Vinaigrette

My Aunt Donna gave us a bottle of Chef Tim's sweet balsamic vinaigrette because this particular dressing is a good marinade for venison. Knowing we eat a lot of venison, she thought we'd enjoy it. And we do!

On Friday morning I put venison tenderloin slices in a gallon zip lock bag, added this vinaigrette and put the bag in the fridge to allow the meat marinade for the entire day. At the end of the day, I skewered the meat and put them on the hot grill. You could really taste the sweet, herby flavor.

I think this dressing would be a good marinade for chicken, beef and even pork.

Aunt Donna got this vinaigrette at a food and wine festival but I just saw it the other day at Karns. You can go here to see where else to buy it.

Thanks again, Aunt Donna!

No comments:

Post a Comment