Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Pomegranate Lemonade Spritzer

In the latest edition of the Paula Dean magazine, there is a recipe for a Pomegranate Lemonade Spritzer. I thought this would be nice to make for my mom for our Mothers Day dinner. Paula recommended using Minute Maid Pomegranate Lemonade but the first time I read the recipe before going to the store, for some reason, I thought this was a frozen concentrate mix. I get to the store and can't find this type of frozen concentrate so I buy pink lemonade concentrate instead. I get home and realize Paula is referring to a bottled drink so I go to a different store and can't find it. So I ended up buying pomegranate cranberry juice instead.
This is the drink concoction inspired by Paula Dean:

64 oz. pink lemonade (I used frozen concentrate and followed the package instructions)
2 to 3 cups ginger ale
2 to 3 cups Sprite
2 cups pomegranate cranberry juice

Mix all together, garnish with lemon and lime slices and serve immediately.
This was yummy but make sure you have enough people to drink it within a few hours otherwise it will go flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment