Monday, April 6, 2009

Spicy 'N Sweet Pickles

Yesterday, my mom and I spent some time in the kitchen making some snacks for the upcoming week. My mom was in the mood for spicy pickles, so we used my Aunt Donna's recipe. She says they taste just like the 14 day pickles her mom - my grandma - used to make (a recipe similar to this).

Because you make these from jarred dill pickles and not from a fresh cucumber, they're ready to enjoy shortly after making! And I do love pickles, especially sweet ones like these!

1 quart dill pickles
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon pickling spices

Drain pickles and slice in to thick, bite-sized chunks. Return to the jar.

In a small saucepan, mix together sugar, vinegar and spices. Place over medium-high heat and stir until the mix begins to boil and the sugar disolves. Pour over pickle chunks in the jar. Seal with lid. Let cool and then refrigerate.



No comments:

Post a Comment