Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Susanne's Baby Shower

Last Saturday I went to visit Susi for her Baby Shower. Her co-workers (yes, I was the only non-German-speaking female) threw her a very nice get-together. Katarina, the wonderful hostess, invited us to her home where we had a champagne toast, ate cake and opened presents. Then we piled in cars and drove down the road to a park along the Potomac River where we had a picnic. The weather was perfect for an outdoor barbeque! Susi got some great, useful gifts. One of her co-workers came with her 18 day old baby boy. As you can see below, Susi loved the baby and was asking his mom a plethora of questions that are running through her mind. I don't know if the answers put her worries and thoughts to ease or made her more anxious. Either way, Susi is doing very well and baby Alex is growing quickly. Aunt Hopey is so excited for her late-June (what Susi's hoping for) or early-July (due date is July 5) arrival! Bec and I are going down on May 16 to do maternity photos - the last time I'll see Susi before the baby is born!
After several great recommendations, I got a cake for the shower from Wegman's. Vanilla cake, filled with fresh strawberry slices, iced with vanilla buttercream frosting... this cake was truly delicious! I've already decided it's the cake I'll get for Arielle's graduation party in June. The text on this cake: The big day is drawing near, Baby Alex is almost here.
I made little favors for the guests of the party: pink and white taffy wrapped in cellophane bags; tied with pink ribbon, a plastic diaper pin and a tag with a cherry blossom on it which reads Susanne's Baby Shower April 25, 2009.


Susi, Alex and Hope by the river.

And a Happy One Year Anniversary to Susi and Jeff! I hope you are enjoying your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment