Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Vacay Report Three

During an adventure away from Siesta Key, we traveled to Longboat Key for dinner at The Dry Dock Waterfront Grill. The restaurant is right by a huge dry dock (a warehouse-like storage facility for boats), on the bay. We were there just as the sun was setting so the view was beautiful!

I tried the grilled Florida grouper, freshly caught from the gulf. It's a very meaty, sturdy fish which is ideal for grilling. It's not super easy to find here in PA, but the next time I see it, I want to get some, throw the filets in a good marinade and grill them up with veggies.

The grouper bruschetta also looked like a very tasty dish - one that I want to attempt to recreate with some fresh summer tomatoes. Grouper filets, grilled, served over rice, and topped with a generous portion of bruschetta, drizzled with a balsamic reduction... yum!

The believe the key to these very basic dishes is the fresh fish. I'm a huge fan of all fish but I'm not lucky enough to live somewhere where I have access to the freshest of the fresh so I have to savor the meals I have when I'm near the water. Then again, if I had access to as much seafood as I wanted, it wouldn't be a special treat. Not many ingredients to these dishes because they're not needed!
We sat inside, on the second level

Grouper Bruschetta


Grilled Grouper

No comments:

Post a Comment