Thursday, February 5, 2009

Iceburg Wedge with Bleu Chesse Dressing


My mom made this simple dressing last night and it was delicious and light. The recipe is from the February 2009 Real Simple magazine.

1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese (2 ounces)
1 head iceberg lettuce, quartered
Black pepper

In a small bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, sour cream, and 3 tablespoons of the blue cheese. Divide the lettuce among plates and spoon the dressing over the top. Sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of cheese and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (I added a little salt too).

Our dressing was a little runny so I would add less than 1/2 cup buttermilk and keep adding until it's the consistency you want. Also, because there are only 3 ingredients, I think real buttermilk should be used and not subsituted with milk + vinegar. With just a few ingredients in recipes, I try to use the best quality and freshness I can find.

This was a good beginning to a meal. I also think it would be good with cucumbers and tomatoes.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great - anything with bleu cheese appeals to me! :)

    ReplyDelete