Monday, February 2, 2009

Shark Attack!

This is Guy Fieri's recipe!

2 cups ice cubes
1/4 cup lemon slices
1/4 cup pineapple chunks
1/4 cup tequila
1/4 cup Triple Sec
1/2 cup orange juice
1/4 cup pineapple juice
1/4 cup high alcohol content rum (recommended: Bacardi 151)
Splash grenadine
1/4 cup maraschino cherries, plus more for garnish

In a pitcher, add all the ingredients and stir to combine. Garnish with maraschino cherries, if using. Pour into rocks glasses, garnish with maraschino cherries and serve.

I used coconut rum in place of Bacardi 151 and the drink was still very strong! And the slight smell of coconut was nice with the pineapple.
Just as I write this, I realize I forgot to add the grenadine! Ooops!
This was a nice tropical treat!

This photo is from the Food Network website. I was so excited to drink and serve these, I forgot to get a good photo! Mine looked just like this though. When I was adding the cherries, I put in some of their juice too which could have taken the place of the grenadine.

No comments:

Post a Comment